Easy one-pot chicken
Age: 6-7 months
Makes: 12 portions
Cooking Time: 34 minutes
Suitable for Freezing: yes
*This is a great dish to introduce babies to chicken
- 1/2 Cup washed and sliced white part of leek
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and slided
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Stock*
- Saute’ the leek in the butter until softened. *
- Add the chicken to the pan and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add vegetables, pour in the stock.
- Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Puree in a blender or food processor to the desired consistency.
*Chicken Stock Recipe: This can be a bit time consuming so instead this is what I did….
- 1 1/2 Cups water
- Sauteed 1/4 of an onion with the leek and butter
- Added some parsley, thyme, pepper, and a bay leaf to the pot when it was cooking
I will post the chicken stock recipe in the recipe tab for those of you that have the time. I used to make it when I had just one kid, and well, things change. 🙂
Warning: you may want to eat this yourself bc it’s just so yummy!
I got this recipe from the book: Top 100 Baby Purees by: Annabel Karmel
I got mine cheaper than the store here:
Oh – if you don’t already have the baby cubes – they are what I use to store my home made baby food. I got mine on Amazon too. I have 3 sets and it’s PLENTY for one kid.