This was super easy and I just made it up. It’s very light too!
Roasted Red Pepper Baked Chicken
- 1 package of chicken breast
- 2 fire roasted red peppers (i bought mine in its own juices – NOT oil) diced
- 2 basil leaves (i used fresh) cut up
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 C Chicken Broth/Stock (I use granules bc I like more chicken flavor. I used about 1 Tbs of chicken granules with 1/2 C water)
- 1 Tbs Butter
- 1/4 C White wine (if you don’t have wine, just replace with more chicken broth)
- Salt / Pepper
- Heat oven to 375.
- Put chicken in oven safe baking dish.
- Put all ingredients over chicken and bake for 45 minutes / until done.
I honestly can’t tell you how long I cooked it; I just threw all the stuff in the dish and let it cook until I remembered I should check on it and it happened to be done. I think it was around 45 minutes though.
Anyway, I tasted it alone and its very good. I added it to a salad and it was really good that way too.
*** This is NOT a dish to make if you want a TON of flavor. It’s just a simple dish with a hint of flavor from the red peppers. I’m sure if you wanted more red pepper taste you could cut the whole jar up. If you wanted to add a little kick to it, sprinkle some red pepper flakes on there. Even just a few flakes will give it a nice flavor.