BBQ Chicken Pizza
|bbq chicken on left, pepperoni & banana pepper on right|
Thin n Crispy Pizza Crust
(I double this recipe when I make 2 pizzas)
- 1 package active dry yeast (2-1/4 teaspoons)?
- 1 teaspoon sugar?
- 1/2 cup warm water (100 to 110 degrees)?
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided?
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt?
- 2 teaspoons yellow cornmeal (I didn’t use this but it would help)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in 1/2 cup warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife.
- Stir 1-1/4 cups flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt into yeast mixture to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes); add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands.
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with coil, turning dough to coat.
- Cover; let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes.
- Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a lightly floured surface.
- I didn’t roll mine out – I just stretched it with my hands.
- Place dough on a pizza pan or baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal. Crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim.
- Drizzle dough with a little olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Place pan on lowest oven rack; bake at 450 for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; top with desired toppings and bake an additional 10 minutes or until crust and cheese is lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 1 Chicken Breast
- your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1/2 Red Onion – thinly sliced
- Dice up chicken breast and saute in BBQ sauce while crust is baking – cook for about 10 minutes or until done.
- When crust is done, spread on some BBQ as your sauce. (dont add too much or your pizza will be sopping with BBQ from the chicken)
- Lay on the mozzarella
- Top with chicken and onion
- Bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted
|I’m pretty sure I almost ate this entire thing!|