Pizza Dough: This makes 2 large pizzas!
You can freeze one of them after you ‘par bake’ it aka bake it for about 6 minutes and then freeze it once cooled, when ready to use again, take it out, defrost, top & bake as normal
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1.5 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons oil (vegetable, canola or olive)
- 3-4 cups bread flour
- Dissolve yeast & sugar in water, let sit for about 10 minutes
- Stir in salt & oil into the yeast mixture
- Add flour – kneading – adding more flour until dough is no longer sticky. This is where it gets a little “tricky” I probably uses bout 3.5 cups of flour. Sometimes more, sometimes less depending on the day. But I would say to mix the dough with about 3 cups and then add more as needed. But 3.5 is pretty typical for me.
- Once you’ve needed the dough until it’s pretty smooth looking (5-10min) make it into a ball, cover with a little oil, place in a bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a warm, damp cloth in a warm place for about 1 hr. **When I’m short on time I’ll turn on the oven for a little bit until it’s just slightly warm, and then turn it off and let the dough rise in there so it gets done faster.
- Once the dough is about double the size as when you started, punch it down, put it back into a tight ball, cover for about 10 minutes.
- Split your dough in half, and either roll with a rolling pin or do it old school and gradually stretch it out. I stretch it out but on occasion have ripped my dough so BE CAREFUL.
- Place your dough on your greased pizza pans (i use the pizza pans with the holes in it. if you use a baking stone i would flour a work space, roll out the dough to the size of the stone and then transfer it on to it).
- Bake at 425F for about 6-8 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, top as you wish, put back in the oven for about 8 minutes or until done to your liking.
- Saute onion & minced garlic clove in olive oil & butter
- add in 1 can tomato sauce
- add in 2-4 Tbsp. tomato paste (to the constancy that you like)
- Add – Pizza Seasoning: (i use penzy’s spices one – but these are the ingredients in it…salt, fennel seed, oregano, sugar, garlic, pepper, basil, inion, crushed red pepper, cayenne pepper (i just do it to taste lol but i do put more sugar than normal bc i like a sweeter sauce)
Let me know if you end up making it! I’d love to hear how it turned out!!