As you all know, I’m having a bit of a hard time with the nausea this pregnancy. It has gotten better in the aspect that I am able to actually eat some stuff and not throw up, but it doesn’t mean that the nausea is gone. My worst time is the evenings. Something about 4pm hits and I’m done. So, I have to take full advantage of eating properly in the morning and early afternoon.
When I want something to eat, I have to make it because I know that it will pass shortly and my time will be over. I’ve just kinda made these up on a whim, and I don’t measure so these are approximates. 🙂
Yesterday I had:
Cold bean & Veggie Pasta Salad
1 cup of pasta
1 can of dark red kidney beans
2 inch stack of pepperoni, cut into 4ths
1/2 Red Bell Pepper, diced
1/2 Cucumber, diced
1 roma tomato, diced
1/4 Cup olives, diced
1/4 Red Onion, diced
2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Salt/Pepper to taste
1 tsp Basil
1 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp Parsley
1. Cook pasta according to package
2. Heat beans according to can.
3. Cut up all veggies and place in large bowl.
4. Put cheese, vinegar, oil, and seasonings in with veggies.
5. Cool pasta and rinse to stop cooking and to rinse starch off so it doesn’t get sticky with the oil & vinegar. Cool beans.
6. Mix all together.
It’s really best if you cool it down so its nice and cold and the flavors can really marinate together, but I don’t have that luxury so I just kept stirring it up and chowing down. 🙂
Today I had:
Chicken Salad w/Pistachios & Grapes
1 chicken breast, boiled in chicken broth then shredded
10 or so grapes, cut into 4ths
10 or so pistachios chopped
2 Tbsp Mayo
Black Pepper – to taste
Celery Salt – just a dash
1. Cook chicken in broth then shred & cool
2. Cut up grapes & nuts – put into bowl
3. Put all ingredients in with grapes & nuts – stir together
4. Eat alone or on toast, crackers or my favorite – a croissant.
I didn’t take any pictures of this bc I ate it too fast and my camera battery died. Sorry about that. I’ll probably make it again though since it was so yummy – so I’ll add it then. 🙂
And here’s some pictures I took this morning with my Cohen. He’s going to be 3 next month you guys. 3! 🙁