I was naughty and didn’t take pictures as I made this – I honestly just forgot to! Eeek! Sorry! So, you get a shot of my bowl AFTER I had already eaten an entire bowl. I know. I’m pregnant. With twins – sue me.
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1/2 cup water, plus
- 1 tablespoons water, for beef liquid mixture
- 1/3 cup water, for stir fry liquid mixture
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 lb boneless round steak cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup soy sauce, plus 2 Tbsp
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, plus 2 Tbsp
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- hot cooked rice
- Combine 2 Tbsp. cornstarch, 2 Tbsp water, 2 Tbsp Soy & Teriyaki Sauce & garlic powder until smooth. Add in beef strips and toss.
- Combine Soy & Teriyaki Sauce, brown sugar, ginger, peanut butter & remaining cornstarch & water in a small bowl until smooth; set aside until later. (stir fry liquid mixture)
- In a large pan, stir fry your beef in 2 tsp vegetable oil & 1 tsp sesame oil until the beef is done; take it out of the pan and set aside.
Next add in your broccoli & bell pepper – stir fry until desired tenderness. (we like our veggies soft but not mushy and that is typically about 5 minutes or so)
- Add your beef back to the pan with your veggies, turn your heat up to med-high and add in your stir fry liquid mixture. Cook until liquid thickens and become bubbly. Add in water to desired consistency. I had to add in a little extra, but I like extra sauce that’s not super thick & more on the gravy side so it coats my rice.
- Put beef mixture over rice and enjoy!