Be still my heart.
How in the world can one person handle the cuteness you see in these images?! I am completely overwhelmed with love for these little angels. I think back to when we had nursing troubles & then the weeks where they would scream from 10pm-2am and I just cried it out with them. I am amazed at the growth all of us have had since then.
- is making high pitched squeaks & has recently found her cooing voice
- makes the most pathetic cry you’ll ever hear
- has the biggest & brightest smile you’ve ever seen
- drinks about 4-5oz at each feeding
- fusses a few minutes before her naps during the day but goes down for the night like a dream
- is still the smaller twin weighing around 11lbs
- wears size 0-3 & 3 month clothes (but 3mon can be a tad big)
- wears size 1 diapers (if disposables)
- absolutely LOVES to coo while you sing to her, I definitely need a video of this
- she’s our little love bug, always wanting to be held – mostly by her daddy
- definitely owns her name sake by being her ‘father’s joy’ – she lights up when she sees or hears him
- drinks between 5-6oz at each feeding
- goes down for her naps like a dream but always wants to snuggle daddy before bed & cries like crazy if she doesn’t get it
- she’s the bigger twin weighing around 12lbs
- wears 0-3mon (but they are getting a bit small) and 3 months fits perfect
- wears size 2 diapers (if disposables)
Here’s a rough draft of their daily schedule:
8am -9am: wake up, have bottle, wake time
11am-12pm: wake up, have bottle, wake time
2pm-3pm: wake up, have bottle, wake time
5:30pm-600pm: wake time
6:00pm-7:00pm: feed girls one at a time before bed, put down for the night
9:30-10:30: dream feed, put back down
10:30pm-8/8:30am – sleep
They are both rolling from tummy to back and scoot around – which is insane! They have started to notice one another which is the cutest thing ever! They have also started grasping toys with both hands – so sweet. They are also trying to hold their bottles when they eat. They can’t do it all on their own, so of course I’m still holding it, but they want to do it! They also know their feeding routine, when I start putting on their bibs they start flaring their little arms and legs & start panting like crazy. Hilarious. They also HATE HATE HATE baths. They scream as though they are being tortured the minute they get in the bathroom. It’s pretty nutty.
Pretty much I have VERY easy babies now. They only cry when hungry or tired. Although, lately they have started to cry if they get scared by a loud noise. I tell you what, baby girls have the most pathetic little faces when they are sad. No wonder the world gives them what they want. 😉 We may have some trouble in a few years!