This is seriously my FAVORITE time of the year. When one year is ending and another is beginning. Last year my word was conquer. It was perfect for what I had set out to do. I had BIG dreams and BIG goals that I wanted to accomplish in the middle of a move back to the States and settling in our new home in FL.
Last year we found our beautiful home, our kids were able to start school in our neighborhood and we have enjoyed the glorious sunshine almost every day. Family lives near us so we have been able to celebrate every birthday and holiday with a loved one near and THAT alone is worth it all. Jesse has thrived in his new position and I absolutely LOVE watching him get recognized for the hard work and dedication he does for his job.
I have watched my team grow, flourish and explode over the last year. Our team is beyond beautiful inside and out. God has provided various events, situations and roles for each of us – it’s truly inspiring to see it all unfold.
This year, my focus is different than last. While I loved last year and am amazed as to what it has accomplished, this year my goal isn’t driven by what I want. This year, God has really been driving my goals through His word, other believers and various circumstances that truly confirm what He has in store. Before I get in to what this year is focused on, let’s do a little recap of what my goals were last year.
BIG GOALS 2015: CONQUER
- Faith: Daily time in the Word
- Family: Quality Time each day
- Work: Shaklee Coordinator
- Health: Lose 10lbs
- Home: Be diligent with Organization
How did I do with those goals?
1. I have grown more in this area than I had anticipated. Although I do skip days on occasion, I do find that I CRAVE reading my devotions and my Bible. This is huge growth from where I was a year ago.
2. This is a daily struggle for me but I do try my best to make sure I have time each day with my family. I have started doing projects during the week with the girls, bible time in the evenings with the boys and making sure hubby and I get out more!
3. I am proud to say that I did reach this goal back in September, months before I thought I could.
4. I didn’t lose those 10lbs but I’m starting to think the numbers thing isn’t for me. I don’t care to lose 10lbs anymore, my goals with this have changed and I’ll get to that in a bit.
5. Moving to a new home, organization is always happening. Oddly enough I have gone through a LOT of rooms reorganizing and making our home more functional with LESS STUFF.
So all in all I am very happy with how I reached so many of my goals. Writing them down is always the first step and keeping them in front of me is KEY in success. If I don’t see it – I don’t believe it.
Now on to a new chapter. A NEW year and NEW goals!!!!
BIG GOALS 2016:
- Faith: Bible Study at Church & Healthy Soul Devotions Group
- Family: Quality 1-on-1 Time
- Work: Senior Executive Coordinator
- Health: Maintain Regular Exercise and Healthy Eating
- Home: Be Content
I also like to do a word for my year.
2013 – Determined
2014 – Grow
2015 – Conquer
2016 – BOLD
Why did I choose the word BOLD?
Over the last 5-6 months, the word BOLD and encourage kept popping up in my mind during my quiet time. I wasn’t really sure what it meant in the beginning, I thought it was probably just something that I was feeling because of a certain scripture or devotion that I had read. Then, after still feeling that this is something I really should focus on, I hopped on a team call one day. (note: i hardly get on the team calls bc they happen to fall in line with school pick up/nap time) During this call, there was a guest speaker, she spoke about how Shaklee isn’t just a business to her, it’s about encouraging other women and being BOLD in her faith. My mouth literally fell open when she said this.
God was confirming MONTHS of what I had been feeling He was sharing with me. Be BOLD.
This year is going to be filled with some amazing things because of Shaklee & truly giving my business to the Lord. I have earned a car payment and 3 free trips!!!! Yes THREE!!!! This March I will get to attend the Chairmans Retreat in Palm Springs, CA. In April, Jesse and I get an all expense paid trip to Cabo! And then, in September, Jesse and I get a weekend get-away to the New Directors Conference in Pleasanton, CA. I still feel like I’m dreaming, that it’s not real and isn’t really happening. I guess that will be different the first time I step on that plane with a free ticket.
Now begins a new chapter. I pray that I am BOLD in my faith, BOLD in being intentional with my family, BOLD in sharing how Shaklee can truly change lives, BOLD in maintaining healthy living and BOLD in being content with what I have.
Do you have a word or motto for the year? I’d love to hear what it is!
Let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.